2021 ACAC Running Room Grand Prix #2
Saturday, October 2nd, 2021
Distances and Starting Times:
Location & General Information
The races will be based out of the Stoney Creek Centre 5320-40 Avenue (on the other side from the main floor entrance). To get to the Centre follow 53 Street south from Highway 13 (48 Avenue). When 53 Street curves west turning into Parkview Drive keep to the left and then turn at the first left onto 39 Avenue. Look for street signs directing you to Stoney Creek Centre. Washrooms are accessible from the main level outside side entrance to the Centre.
- Additional porta-potties will be available to spread people out. Washrooms and porta-potties may be assigned to different groups using signage.
- Water, drinks, and refreshments will not be provided. Please bring your own drinks and food.
- There will not be an award presentation following the race.
- Please maintain physical distance before and after the race. Masks are encouraged when in close proximity with many people.
- Entry to the registration and timing room will be limited. Hand sanitization and masks will be required for entry.
- On-line pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Same-day registration will be available, but only as an exception.
View Camrose Ski Club – Stoney Creek Centre in a larger map
A 2 km and 4 km loop which follow the grass cross-country trails in the Stoney Creek Valley (approximately 1/3 up, 1/3 down, and 1/3 flat). The course starts and ends in the stadium area below the Stoney Creek Centre. The course crosses one wooden bridge and a paved path in a few places. It is very suitable for spikes. The course will be well-marked and flagged with orange flags on the left and yellow ones on the right.
ACAC Men; ACAC Women; Team Event (ACAC)
N.B. ACAC COVID requirements restrict ACAC Grand Prix races to ACAC runners only; there will not be an open category in the ACAC races this year. Open runners may run in the Stewart Cup races that precede the ACAC races at 11:30 am and 12:15 pm on the same courses
Please register for the 6 Km race here and the 8 Km race here here by Thursday, Sep. 30th, if possible. Online registration will close at 8pm on Friday Sep 31st. Race day registration available on site starting at 10:00 am for last minute entries only, please.
$6 per entry for ACAC runners (maximum: $50 per men’s/women’s team; $100 per school).
ACAC teams will be invoiced. Cash or cheque payment at registration (starting at 10:00 am) on race day is possible if invoicing is not possible.
- Medals for top three finishers in the individual ACAC categories
- Augustana Open Cross-Country trophy awarded to the ACAC mixed team with the lowest combined total for their top 3 men and top 3 women (using ACAC or Grand Prix placing)
- Medals / trophy will be given to coaches
Bottle, can, and compost recycling will be available. Please consider reusable containers for drinks and food.
Augustana Campus, University of Alberta
4901 – 46 Avenue, Camrose, Alberta T4V 2R3
phone: (780) 679-1521 ; cell: (780) 679-3935
4 KM Loop