Summer Training Program
Indoor Track Workout Schedule
- Monday evening 7:30 pm at Recreation Centre / rink track (or Community Centre / Fieldhouse track if Rec Centre track is closed)
- Outdoor time: Thursday 12:25 meet in the Athletics foyer (horseshoe) and rendezvous at the Mirror Lake footbridge
and / or additional indoor time: Thursday evening 8:30 pm Community Centre
- Indoor GP#1 MacEwan Meet Sat Jan 28 Edmonton
all day 9:00 – 4:30
- Indoor GP#2 SAIT Meet tbd – Sat Jan 21 or Sat Feb 12 Calgary
afternoon 2:00 – 6:00 pm or 4:00 – 8:00 pm
- ACAC indoor championships Fri Mar 3/Sat Mar 4 Lethbridge
Fri evening, Sat morning
Cross Country Running Workout Days & Times
We meet outdoors in the quad by the “creek” or if raining in classroom building.
– Mon, Tue, Thu – 4:15 – 5:45
– Wed – 5:30 – 7:00
– Saturday – race or individual workout
– Sunday – long run
Cross Country Training Information
These two documents describe the types of running we do, and you will also find helpful tips in here.
Here are some great form drills we are incorporating into our training regimen this fall. The ones recommended are as follows (view the video to see how they are done):
The first program is intended for those who want to train hard this summer. The workouts are demanding, and they will make you strong and fast for the fall races! This is the 16 Week Summer Training Program B.If that program seems too demanding, you can use the 16 week 14 Summer Level A instead. It is a simple “stay in shape” program. It is less demanding but it’s sure better than doing nothing! You can always add in days of steady runs from 20 to 60 minutes, when you have time and inspiration. The summer is when you should try to get more time/distance into your legs. This will make you strong for the fall.